Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

My Spinning Certification

This whole indoor cycling experience has been really amazing. I can remember taking my first indoor cycling class last summer and how incredibly hard it was. I thought I was in good shape until I did that! I remember watching the clock and thinking it was the longest hour of my entire life. I thought I was going to die, or puke, or puke and then die immediately. I think that night my FB post said something like "a watched clock never moves".

But it was fun, and oh what a workout! I had sort of been looking for something to 'replace' my running and indoor cycling seemed to fit the bill. It was incredibly intense and fun at the same time. I kept at it and before too long I was going three times a week.

Then one day a couple of months ago I realized that indoor cycling was something I could teach and felt a real desire to teach....so for my 50th birthday I became a Certified Spinning Instructor.

Last Saturday I took the 9-hour orientation, Monday I took the online assessment and passed with flying colors, and today my card arrived in the mail! I am so excited.


Coincidentally, today I did my first 'test' ride for 4 willing cyclists at the gym. There was no class tonight due to the holiday weekend and so I was able to use the room for a practice run. I think I did ok! I definitely learned a couple things that I need to change but I think overall it went really well. Everybody was hot and sweaty and pooped at the end and that's what it's all about!



5 comments:

GIEJ Long said...

Congratulations, Lane! What an interesting post. Good luck!
Ivona

Shirley said...

Very cool! Which gym?

Lane and Sylvia said...

Shirley - 24-hour Fitness in Silver Lake.

chic Gucci shirts said...

post one!

SplitLiver said...

hmmmm? Do I make the certifiable joke or the dizzy joke?.....oh well, you decide for yourself....and congrats!