Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Maui: Day 4

Such an exciting day! We set sail out of Lahaina. We went snorkeling at Lanai Island, then had lunch and did some more snorkeling on the gorgeous beach there.



Clouds over Molokai Island


We snorkeled on the South side of Lanai island.


Our snorkeling site.

After snorkeling, they dropped us off on shore and we spent 3 hours completely enjoying ourselves with sunbathing and more snorkeling!

I had such a fantastic experience in the water here following and 'swimming with' a school of perhaps 3,000 small fish. They were just a few inches long and so thick you could have stood on them. Three of us had them surrounded for a while and the little fish formed a large ring, just like the ones you see on nature shows. I held my breath and dove down into them several times, which of course caused them to scatter a bit, but I kept my movements to a minimum and was able to get quite close in among them for a few seconds. I will never forget that as long as I live!


Then they picked us up and took us back to Lahaina Harbor.



This Banyan tree in downtown Lahaina takes up an entire city block. It is more than 125 years old.


No comments: